Wednesday, September 9, 2009

On Mary, the Mother of God

"Her soul was the space from which God was able to gain access into humanity"

-Pope Benedict XVI

Spend a few moments just pondering that quote. It certainly lends itself to some profound meditation.

```````````

Requests for prayer please:

For the soul of Lois - wife of one of my dad's best childhood friends - who died yesterday morning after a long battle and years of suffering from cancer, and for her grieving family

For the article I'm writing for The Rambler - our school newspaper. I'm writing on the Legion of Mary and it's my first article here, so all prayers would be gratefully appreciated. Thanks.

Stella Maris,
Ora pro nobis!
(That's today's challenge for you: translate this Latin phrase)

3 comments:

Claire said...

Prayers, for sure! Is there a Legion of Mary there and are you part of it?

I think I may have misplaced the Rambler subscription paper David Frank gave me...can you supply another to D and M when they come, and make sure they fill it out and leave it?

Love and miss you tons!

Anonymous said...

I think that Ora pro nobis is Latin, (imperative, 2nd person, singular) for "pray for us". I might be wrong but I thinkg that is what it means. Good luck with your article! God Bless.

Mary Cecilia.

Mary said...

The translation is

Star of the Sea, pray for us!