Monday, September 14, 2009

Exultation of the Holy Cross

"We have only the short moments of this life to work for God's glory. The devil knows this, and that is why he tries to make us waste time in useless things."

- St. Therese the Little Flower

Make everything you do count for God's glory!

What I did this weekend

Friday Night/Saturday:
Helped cook for Italian Night Dinner
Decorated t-shirts for our team in the Upper Under Game (freshmen guys against all the other guys)
Practiced with the Choir
Studied Theology for 2 hours with friends (study group!)
Prepared for Italian Night (I did several hairstyles which turned out quite nice, if I may say so myself)
Started my article for the Rambler
Attended Italian Night (quite lovely!)

Sunday:
Practiced with choir for Mass
Sang for Mass
Finished and sent my Rambler article
Attended the Upper Under Game (Our guys put up a tough fight but lost sorely. They definitely had the best t-shirts and best cheering crew, though. Hands down. :)
Sang for Vespers
Attended a talk on holiness/vocation by some visiting Sisters from Kansas
Practiced Waltz and Swing-dancing (so much fun!)
Talked with my family
Studied until ??? hour

I hope I didn't just bore you with this list of weekend activities, but I thought you might find it interesting to know what kinds of activities we're doing around here. Please say a prayer for me this week as I have several quizzes/tests and my first literature paper to write.

Thanks!
~ Sarah

``````````````
We adore Thee Oh Christ and we praise Thee
Because by Thy Holy Cross Thou hast redeemed the world

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sarah,

You mentioned something about hairstyles, do you think you could post some directions on them?? I have been looking for things to do with my hair but can't find any! Just a suggestion.

Mary Cecilia.

Victoria Rose said...

I love reading what you do, Sarah! And thank you so much for my spiritual birthday present. :)

Mary Cecilia - Visit Sarah's sister's (Claire's) blog. She has instructions, pictures, and links.

~Vicki

Kathryn said...

Ofcourse you don't bore us with your activities, Sarah!!! I want to know what you are are doing so that I can get an idea of what happens...

Where are Claire's links and pictures on the blog? Is there a short cut to get to the hair styling links or does one just have to scoll through?

~Kathryn

Anonymous said...

Where can I find Clare's Blog?

Mary Cecilia.

Anonymous said...

Here are the links to Claire's Hair posts that she put up on her blog (www.lily-maiden.blogspot.com) a little while back:

http://lily-maiden.blogspot.com/2007/08/long-ago-promised-post-on-hairbraiding.html

http://lily-maiden.blogspot.com/2007/10/post-script-on-braiding.html

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Mary Cecilia: Have we met you before?

~Sarah's other sis~

Anonymous said...

Wow, Sarah...what an amazingly true quote from the Little Flower.

Got your list and I am working on the baking projects! =)

~V~