Sunday, August 30, 2009

"My God, How I Love Thee"

(quote of St. Therese the Little Flower)

I love our beautiful chapel in the center of campus, where I can go to visit Jesus any time! It is a real blessing. Our choir sang there this morning for Mass and it went very well.

Regarding Face the Truth tour yesterday...that went very well also! It was the first tour I had been on and it was a bit difficult at first (it is an important mission, but also a sad one). While holding my sign, I had a lot of time for prayer. It was rewarding. Many people even honked and waved in support.

For those of you who may not be familiar with Face the Truth, it is a tour where a group of people stand by the roadside and hold Pro-Life signs so that people driving by can understand the reality of abortion. Our goal is to change hearts, slowly but surely.

Thank you for all of your prayers for me! And thank you for your comments! Even though I do not have time to respond to you individually, I greatly enjoy hearing from you and I am remembering you in my prayers.

Blessings!
Sarah

P.S. I know you're probably all waiting for me to post some photos (which I will), but as of this point I've only taken a couple and they're still in my camera. :) Eventually I will get around to putting them in my computer and bringing my computer to the library (where the internet connection is) in order to post some for you. :)

2 comments:

Malori said...

Beautiful blog, Sarah! Last summer I participated in the Face the Truth tour when they came to downtown Baltimore, and it was a powerful experience. While I know some people may be against holding graphic pictures in public like that, the truth is that (to paraphrase Fr. Pavone) our country won't reject abortion until people see it. It is such a hidden evil, and because it's hidden, it's easier for people to just ignore the problem.
God Bless, and have a wonderful time at Christendom! Now that I'm out of college, I'm looking back on those days with fondness...it's such an exciting time full of learning...cherish every moment! :)
Love,
Malori

Rose Marchen said...

I'm glad the Tour went well!