Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Still Super Surprised (and Smiling :)

...and totally grateful for the huge party (belated graduation and going-away) that my family threw for me on Sunday without me knowing a thing until I arrived! This was the first time that I've ever been on the receiving end of a surprise party and it was amazing. I must say, they did a fine job!

Even though three people sort of "let the cat out of the bag" before the party, they only managed to confuse me, but not make me suspicious! Why would I expect a party in the middle of January?

The best was when a couple hours before the party started, one of our little friends (who is three) whispered in my ear:
Him: "Are you coming to the surprise party?"
Me: "When is it?"
Him: "Tonight!"
Me: "I don't think I'm coming...I'm not invited" :)
Him: "Oh. Well, don't tell. It's a surprise!"

Thankfully, because he didn't actually say who the party was for, I thought it was for someone else whom I didn't know...

Therefore, it was still a priceless moment when I walked into the bowling alley to be greeted by an enthusiastic "Surprise!" shouted by about 100 friends! Then my mouth dropped open and probably didn't close for two minutes.

So thank you to my family who planned it and to everybody who came and made it a super fun, memorable night!

Praise God for good times, good family, and good friends!

5 comments:

Victoria Rose said...

I'm glad you had a great time, Sarah! I wish we could have been there.

~Vicki

Rose Marchen said...

I'm glad you were surprised! =)

Kathryn said...

I'm happy to here you had a wonderful surprise!! I wish that I could have been there....

Missing you all.
Kathryn

Claire said...

You are so worth it, sister! :)

And yes, little Francis is the best...

Anonymous said...

Actually I think your mouth gaped for 5 minutes...=)

~Veronica