Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Merry Christmas Season!

And Happy Epiphany! As we continue to celebrate the birth of Jesus, our Newborn King, and as we celebrate the visit of the Three Wisemen, please join me in this beautiful prayer:

Prayer to the Infant Jesus

O Sweet Child of Bethlehem,
grant that we may share with all our hearts
in this profound mystery of Christmas.
Put into the hearts of men and women this peace
for which they sometimes seek so desperately
and which You alone can give to them.
Help them to know one another better,
and to live as brothers and sisters,
children of the same Father.
Reveal to them also your beauty, holiness, and purity.
Awaken in their hearts
love and gratitude for your infinite goondess.
Join them all together in your love.
And give us your heavenly peace. Amen.
(by Blessed Pope John XXIII)

Thank you so much for your prayers for Midnight Mass and for my voice...God is so good. He gave my voice back to me Christmas Eve morning -- just in time to practice and to sing my heart out for Midnight Mass and for Christmas Mass the next morning. Then, I lost it again almost immediately, and had to pray hard and trust that it would come back in time for a concert we were giving a few days later. And it did! God is truly wonderful.

All of the Masses and Christmas concerts that my family and I have given in the past two weeks have gone beautifully -- truly for and through the glory of God. Praise Him!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Sarah,

Thank you for your time on the phone Sunday night. It was so nice to be able to talk to you and Claire & Veronica. I told Mom and Dad much of what you said about college.

Thank you also for the invitation for this Friday. I'm sorry that I am not coming. I hope you all have fun with your visitors.
May God bless you all.
Love.

Anonymous said...

That was some party of yours, Sarah! I hope you had as much fun as I did.

You are blessed with so many wonderful, loving friends (and I'm sure you're well aware of it).

See you on Saturday - and if we don't get to talk much, have a safe trip back to Christendom - Bonne chance ce semestre!

~Laura