Thursday, December 3, 2009

I have so much to be thankful for...

(Even though Thanksgiving was a week ago, it's never too late to say it, is it?)

So here goes...

I am thankful for:

Christendom's Fall Play which went really well and for all the fun I had designing costumes!

The generosity and hospitality of my dear friend Amy's family who hosted me for Thanksgiving weekend. We had a marvelous, wonderful weekend!

My family (immediate and extended) who celebrated without me in Wisconsin but who shared the good times and sent their loving wishes over the phone :)

My friends near (here) and far

My classes which I truly enjoy and my professors who make each one fruitful and intriguing

My tests which came back with good scores ;)

This penitential, mystical Season of Advent, preparing for Christmas

And most of all, I am thankful for my Faith. Without my God, I would be nothing, so I thank Him most of all: For the Eucharist, for our beautiful chapel in the middle of campus, for the moments of peace and affirmation which You, Lord, constantly send, I thank You and praise You. You're the best!

So I close with a prayer for all of you and a note of gratitude for your prayers for me. Finals are just around the corner...

All for the glory of God!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Sarah,
What play did you do?
Were you actually in it?
Love,
Margaret

Anonymous said...

I read the article for the play on Christendom's website. Is Chris Foeckler any relative of Fr. Foeckler? Just thought I'd ask... :)

Can't wait to see you over Christmas break!

~Laura

P.S. You're missing a great concert this weekend - or at least a great second half of a concert :) as for the Brahms... you can ask Veronica. Personally, I don't think it sounds too terrible - only having heard it once whilst engaged in reading a book :)

Claire said...

Laura, Chris F. is Father F.'s nephew! :)

His Princess said...

Dear Margaret,

The Fall Play was "7 Keys to Baldpate" - a suspense comedy written by George M. Cohan (the composer of Yankee Doodle Dandy and Give My Regards to Broadway).

You can read more about it here:
http://www.christendom.edu/news/2009/12-01-fallplay.shtml

Blessed Advent!
Sarah

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the info, Sarah!
Merry Christmas!
Love, Margaret

Anonymous said...

you mean fr. foeckler from camp?