Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Finals Complete, I'm Home and Christmas is on the Horizon!

So, I have officially completed my first semester of college. It was challenging and busy (as college should be) but also very blessed and rewarding. I'm now enjoying Christmas break at home with my family, which is also busy, blessed, and rewarding! ;) We're preparing music for Christmas midnight Mass, which will be complete with violins, cello, organ, voices, and 2 harps. Please say a prayer that it goes well for the glory of our newborn King! (And please offer a prayer that my voice returns swiftly and completely -- I lost it a few days ago and I need it to sing!)

As we rapidly approach this most holy day of Christmas, here is a brief reflection for your meditation:

“God’s sign is simplicity. God’s sign is the baby. God’s sign is that he makes himself small for us. This is how he reigns. He does not come with power and outward splendor. He comes as a baby – defenseless and in need of our help. He does not want to overwhelm us with his strength. He takes away our fear of his greatness. He asks for our love: so he makes himself a child.”

(Pope Benedict XVI)


Please also join me in praying for the Healthcare bill, which liberal politicians are right now trying to push through sometime in the next couple days (over Christmas). May our Lord have mercy and intervene.

Prayer for our Nation’s Health Care Reform
(from Priestsforlife.org)
Lord Jesus, you are the Divine Physician,
And the source of all life and health.
Guide our nation at this critical moment,
As our government seeks health care reforms.
Give our elected officials the humility to know
That they are servants, not masters.
Give them the wisdom to realize
That every life has equal value.
Give them the strength to resist the idea
That some lives can be sacrificed to save others
Or that killing the unborn is a part of health care.
Give your people the courage to speak up
And to hold public officials accountable for their actions.
Save us, Lord Jesus, from a culture of death,
And let every reform in our public policy
Be based on the reform of our hearts and minds
In the light of your Gospel,
For you are Lord forever and ever. Amen.

2 comments:

Kathryn said...

How did Midnight Mass go? Did you get your voice back in time?
I'm glad you have the song "While I'm Waiting"; I like it alot.
I'm going to go to your college link now to look at your Fall Play...

His Princess said...

See my above post regarding Midnight Mass...
I'm glad I have "While I'm Waiting" too, because I also like it a lot!

It was so good to talk with you the other day!