Wednesday, March 31, 2010

His Passion Draws Near

Beg Jesus to make His Passion come alive for you this Holy Triduum. Don't complain when He sends extra trials and sufferings. Thank Him for them. Remember: they are NOTHING compared with what He suffered.

I watched The Passion of the Christ last night and it hit me in a way it never has before: not one inch of Christ's sacred body was preserved from excruciating suffering, while not one inch of His sacred body deserved it. Yet He opened His heart and embraced it lovingly. For you. For me.

How can we ever thank Him? Ask Him. He'll tell you.

`````````````
"Look at His adorable face
Look at His glazed and sunken eyes.
Look at His wounds
Look Jesus in the face.
There, you will see how He loves us."

-St. Therese the Little Flower

2 comments:

Malori said...

Our family might watch "The Passion" tomorrow evening. I saw it in college with some of my friends, but it's been 3 or 4 years. The rest of the family has never seen it, but I'm hoping to convince them to all sit down and see it!

Have a blessed Easter Triduum!

Blessings,
Malori :)

Anonymous said...

Amen, amen.
Thank you for the thoughts...
Kathryn