Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Just three more days...

...until Fall break. Time is flying so fast!

I have my last midterm (Philosophy) on Thursday, so please say a prayer for me!

Today is the Feast of Our Lady of Fatima. If you aren't yet familiar with her story (especially the miracle of the sun), I encourage you to look it up here. (Click on "Apparition of 13 October 1917" for Miracle of the sun details).

We've been having wishy-washy weather here this week with temperatures in the upper 80's on Sunday and down to the 40's yesterday, but today is mild and simply beautiful! So beautiful, in fact, that we had Philosophy class outdoors, in a beautiful clearing in the woods overlooking the river. The trees are already beginning to change colors...so it was simply breathtaking.

Our Lady of Fatima, pray for us!

4 comments:

Claire said...

Dear Sarah,

The color change here is lovely this year...a panorama of brilliance waiting for your return. ;) This morning after I dropped Veronica at USF, I drank in the picture of autumn in the red and orange trees lining the street, with their leaves gently adoring the lawn.

Love,
Claire

Anonymous said...

I agree with Claire - Naperville looks really like Fall now!!!

This afternoon, Mary and I were doing a "photo shoot" for my brother's photography class

I hope to see you soon!!!

~Laura

Anonymous said...

May 13th is actually the Feast of Our Lady of Fatima. But you are right in that Oct. 13th is the anniversary of the Miracle of the Sun.

Pray you are well.
Love,
Kathryn

Malori said...

We too been having wish-washy weather lately...typical of Texas in the non-summer seasons! It rained for almost 2 weeks straight, last week was absolutely gorgeous with sun but not too warm...and now we had a deluge all day today (someone said it was from a hurricane that came from the west?) I'm really enjoying the cool weather. I think fall is probably my favorite season...and not just because I was born in it! :)

In Christ,
Malori