...for He is good. His mercy endures forever!
I just realized how long it's been since I last wrote anything here, and for that I apologize! The Lord blessed me with one of the most wonderful and memorable summers ever. It would take pages to describe it all, so I will just list a few highlights since Ave Cor Mariae Summer Camp:
- Spending precious time with family and friends, working together to spread the light and love of Christ to many souls (and sometimes doing random fun things like play volleyball in the yard at midnight :)
- A visit to Wisconsin to spend a week with Grandpa and Grandma, helping serve hundreds of people at their county fair, and learning the joy of bringing a smile to people's faces...even when they are complete strangers.
- Working into the wee hours of the morning preparing for "Catholic Cruz: All Aboard the Sacrament Ship!" Catholic Kids Day Camp, doing such things as writing the daily Saint skits, painting helper's t-shirts, writing, drawing, and type-setting "Gifts of God" - our newest coloring book on the Seven Sacraments, and so much more. What a blessing to do the Lord's work and be used as instruments of the Holy Spirit in such a way.
- Guiding the "Lighthouses" group of 20 preschoolers at Catholic Kids' Camp, and making up fun religious ditties to help them remember who we were (The Lighthouses!) and what we were learning about (the Sacraments!). What a joy to guide them each day to their activities, lead their lessons, bring them to Eucharistic Adoration, and to experience their enthusiasm and love of life!
- Attending the Couple to Couple League Family Convention in Greenlake, WI, with my family, helping lead music for Holy Mass each day, teach children's songs, instruct a family contra dance and young adult swing and ballroom lessons, and spend time with big, happy Catholic families!
- Camping in Michigan near "Sleeping Bear Dunes" and experiencing two picturesque days of hiking, swimming, singing, and praying with my family (and a young couple we met on their honeymoon!), climbing back up the 450ft dune, watching the sunset and then the stars come out, writing "God is Love" in the sand with big rocks and then witnessing a young man propose to his (now) fiancee and ask her to marry him! It was beautiful.
Now I am back at Christendom, with a joyful and grateful heart for the MANY ways God continues to bless us. Please keep Veronica and I in your prayers as we have now entered the new school year.
Challenges await all of us! But God is on our side. All He asks is for our faithfulness.
For the King!